Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Phyrexian Arena News and Updates

Phyrexian Conquests

First off, I have some congratulations to give out to 2 of our columnists, Eddie Walker and Scott Tompkins.

Both Eddie Walker and Scott Tompkins made Day 2 of the largest Grand Prix in Magic: The Gathering history, Grand Prix Charlotte.

Eddie Walker had an amazing 2 Day run ending the event with a 13-3-1 record, a 22nd place finish in a field of 2963 players.

Scott Tompkins unfortunately lost in Round 10 knocking him from the main event but it certainly didn't stop him from unleashing his fury on the SCG Miami 10K side event.  Scott dropped bombs on his 10K opponents with an 18th place finish in the 623 player side event.

Line Up Shift

We are shifting our line up.  Starting this week both Thirst for Knowledge and Ideas Unbound columns move up one day.

Thirst for Knowledge will now be on Tuesday.
Ideas Unbound will now be on Thursday.

News and Announcements

I promised last week that I had some things in store for you all this week.

First off, I have been working on some products to roll out to promote the brand.

Here are some of the items I'm working on getting in stock:

Stickers

These would be sized to 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches so they could go on deckboxs (or other small items).

Playmats

This just came in today from InkedPlaymats.com and it looks fantastic.  I could not be happier about the product.  I am hopeful that I will be able to start processing orders for these soon.

Life Pads

I am working on these with MtGpad.com.  All I like is getting the logo & slogan at just the right opacity and then the order will be submitted.

Shirts

I am working with Vistaprint on the shirts.  I did a polo for me to see how the printing would go since it is embroidered, not an Iron on patch like most places.  I have to say the embroider emblem looks fantastic.  I am also working on T-Shirts as well

Other Viral Marketing

You guys remember the Poison Counter tokens in Scars block right?  I have the idea to place stickers on the back of the Poison Counter tokens and write "You've Been Infected" on the front.

I am also trying to get an artist to work on doing formal artwork for tokens.

Twitch Channel

We have moved the Twitch channel over under the user Team_Phyrexia.  I have the link above in our menu as well.  This channel will be used by any / all of our columnists for live streaming.

Bradley Reeves
@YawgmothsWill

Infecting Magic One Grinder At A Time

0 comments: