Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Phyrexia News: Cockatrice Receives C&D Letter


Found some interesting (and disturbing) news today.




The bird is down...
Hasbro has sent a Cease and Desist letter to Cockatrice.de:
I have received what you might call a C&D letter from Hasbro's lawyers. I say "what you might call" because not only do they want me to shut down, but they also require me to sign a form that basically says I will have to pay a yet unspecified amount of damages. I do believe most of their claims are wrong though. The deadline for sending back this form had already passed when I got the letter in my hands, so I'll have to sort this out with the lawyers first as soon as they're available. I'll keep you posted.
Cockatrice is the of course a freeware product that allows players to play Magic for free online.  'Trice is extremely popular during times when the newest sets aren't on Magic Online to use or when players are testing out a deck before investing money into that deck.

We will keep you posted on new developments to this story.

The Phyrexian Arena
Infecting Magic One Grinder At A Time

0 comments: